LNG Prime brings you the five most popular news on our platform during the week of January 24-30, 2022.
1) LNG giant Shell has officially removed “Royal Dutch” from its name, as part of plans to ditch the company’s dual share structure and move its headquarters from the Netherlands to Britain.
2) Switzerland-based shipping giant MSC is being linked to the most recent order for six 16,000 TEU LNG-powered container vessels at China’s Dalian Shipbuilding (DSIC), a unit of CSSC.
3) Dutch firm Nordsol has reached a production milestone at its bio-LNG plant in Amsterdam Westpoort following the start of commercial operations last year.
4) London-based small-scale player Avenir LNG has sold the world’s largest LNG bunkering vessel, Avenir Allegiance, to a joint venture consisting of China’s terminal operator Shanghai International Port (SIPG) and Shenergy.
5) South Korean shipbuilder Samsung Heavy Industries said it has developed a carbon capture system applicable to LNG-powered vessels.